Thursday, July 23, 2009

Learning

I was thinking back today on what I have learned in my life so far. It is not much, but they are lessons that I had to learn. For some very annoying reason, I could not just learn from someone else. Life would be so much easier if that was the case...

I have learned to eat my words, and let me tell you, they are hard to choke down.
I have learned that tomorrow will come without fail, no matter how long and hard I wait for it.
I have learned that patience is not something I am good at.
I have learned to appreciate work, because the days I am lazy are never good ones.
I have learned that personalities are all different, and good communication is a rare gift.
I have learned that junk food gets me no where. I just feel guilty for eating it.
I have learned that chocolate does help at the moment, but it is very addictive.
I have learned that gossip leaves a nasty feeling in every ones stomach.
I have learned that prayer is a life saver. Yet, it should not only be used when in need of a lifeline.
I have learned that family is usually treated the worst, because people know that no matter what, family will always be there.
I have learned that friends come and go as you need them in life. Don't mourn the passing, but remember the good times and look forward to new memories.
I have learned that growing up is desired and dreaded, and there are ups and downs to each side.
I have learned that a person is formed by circumstances, and those instances are determined by each person.
I have learned how to trust, and how to be friends without using that trust.
I have learned the true meaning of fake.
I have learned that life is life. Sometimes its hard, but we have to ignore those parts in the long run, and focus on the good times.
I have learned that true forgiveness is something wonderful.
I have learned that Christlike love means loving everyone, not matter how much they hurt you, over and over again.
I have learned to hold my head up high. I know who I am, and I know there are people that love me.
I have learned that the simple things, aka primary answers, truly are the answers.
I have learned to appreciate the beauty in life.
I have learned appearances are not everything.
I have learned to not regret, and how to try to prevent future regret.
I have learned to be more aware of those around me, before I judge.
I have learned to not take people for granted. Someday they may not be there, and I never know what they are going for.
I have learned that listening sometimes means more than flowers.
I have learned to laugh, thanks to my little sisters.
I have learned to not be judgmental.
I have learned that music is wonderful, and dancing is even better.
I have learned to let things slide of my shoulder.
I have learned to be prepared, and enoy the times even if you aren't prepared.
I have learned that I still have so much to learn

And finally, I have learned that even though I know all the above, I still have to relearn them on a daily basis. Dang human being tendencies.

1 comment:

provobaileys said...

Brilliant. This one should be published somewhere. And not just here on your blog. Many people could benefit from these learned words of wisdom. I love you and really miss you. I wish that Adam state was in Utah and that you could come live with me. Please come visit before school starts. Life changes and we may never get this chance again.